Do you remember your first yoga class? Do you remember feeling nervous, or intimidated by the more advanced yogis? Remember not knowing what to do with all the props people were picking up? Remember not being able to touch your toes? What about not knowing if you’d want to go back?
View this post on Instagram
COMMUNITY over COMPETITION . We cannot stress this enough! Ever since we graduated our 200 hour yoga teacher training, we wanted to make it clear that we weren’t looking to compete with anyone in the #yogacommunity. And with today being the 2 year anniversary of our FIRST day of YTT, what better time to share some big commUNITY news?! . First off, let us just say we’ve made some seriously amazing friendships while growing our #BendyJaneYoga community that we are so, so thankful for every 👏🏼 damn 👏🏼 day. So while we appreciate and love our students, we will be pumping the breaks on Bendy Jane events over the next few months to show our support within the yoga community and beyond. . 💗AND WE WANT YOU TO JOIN US IN OUR #SEASONOFSUPPORT!💙 . Shop local, small businesses for holiday gifts. Support your friend’s handmade jewelry, their art, their music, their dreams. Give to a GoFundMe that pulls at your heart strings. Go to a charity event. Check out a new micro brewery. Whatever you do, do it with purpose. . Let’s make this a movement! 🙏🏻 We’ll be sharing who and what we’re supporting from now until the end of the year and we want you to do the same. Show us how you’re giving your support and hashtag #SeasonOfSupport & #BendyJaneYoga to be entered to win prizes like: ❣️ #yoga event passes ❣️ @doterra essential oils ❣️ mala beads ❣️ yoga clothes/accessories ❣️ yoga props ❣️ gift cards ❣️ …and more! . Keep an eye on our Facebook and Instagram pages in the upcoming weeks as we also have a suuuuper awesome new collab to tell you about! . 💗🙏🏻💙 . . . . . . . . . . #communityovercompetition #spreadlove #shopsmall #supportsmallbusiness #supportyourfriends #supportyourlocalgirlgang #PMA #bepositive #yogalove #yogaisforeverybody #peace #omshanti #girlgang
Well, that’s why we started Bendy Jane Yoga; a traveling yoga studio that brings classes to unconventional venues to prove yoga is for every Jane & John Doe. (A.K.A. Yoga is for EVERYONE.)
Bendy Jane Yoga is just two besties, Bridget & Justine, who had a life changing yoga teacher training experience. Going into training, we didn’t even want to be teachers. But getting deep into Patanjali’s sutras, the eight limbs of yoga, the Bhagavad Gita and with some wise, hard-hitting words from our YTT teacher, we knew we had to share this with anyone willing to listen.
The thing is, as changed as we felt, we were still US. And we felt a bit unconventional as yoga teachers. So we created our own little yoga business that would speak to people skeptical of yoga, intimidated by the studio classes, and anyone who had an excuse as to why they couldn’t do yoga.
So yes, we bribe people (and their family & friends) to come to yoga. But if it gets them on their mat, practicing a little self care and soaking up all the lovely benefits of yoga – then who are we to judge?
Let us break it down for you. Here’s 5 Reasons to Try a Bendy Jane Yoga Class:
- CHILL VIBES. It’s a judgment free zone that encourages laughter, wobbles and chit chat while still maintaining a relaxing atmosphere. Even our playlist follows our “good vibes” mentality.
- COMMUNITY. We’re all about building community and connections. Whether we’re staying after for a beer and tarot cards or chatting over brunch or exchanging business cards and collab opportunities on the beach, we make it a point to engage with our students and create friendships rather than just business transactions. Also, we always say, Community Over Competition. We love supporting other boss babes and small businesses, even if they’re doing the same work as us.
- PAIRINGS. We make our classes a full event and always pair the yoga with something fun; brunch, henna, beer, wine and fire pits, and acai bowls are some examples. We also like to bring in vendors from small businesses whose missions align with ours, which is a win-win-win for everyone involved.
- AFFORDABLE. We know the financial struggle is real. So we always price our events with our student’s budget in mind. You’ll get the most bang for your buck AND we’re always running specials or giving out discount codes for classes.
- IT’S FOR EVERYONE. We mean it. We cater to Jane & John Doe’s of all ages, all weights, all heights, all religions, all yoga experience levels, etc. We just want anyone to be able to come to a class and feel comfortable. We create our classes with the beginner in mind, then sprinkle in steps to deeper your practice.
So there you have it. Now that you know a little bit about Bendy Jane Yoga, we hope to see you at an unconventional venue soon!
Never Miss a Post!
The Top Three Reasons for Joining NJYC
The greatest teachers, studios, classes and communities are in the Garden State.
You are ready to inspire and be inspired.
You believe in living a life you love, supported by a practice that makes you feel amazing