Sure, some of us will make resolutions.
Others will set an intention, choose an affirmation, dig deep into manifestation, hold space in meditation, create a vision board, develop a mantra, and/or check in with their angels, guides, teachers, and mentors for a message.
Now of course, we’ve done a bit of it all in the last 3 days…
But we also cannot help but contemplate:
Why, you ask? Maybe you feel like that question doesn’t honor the present moment. Maybe 2018 was messy, and the only thing you can possibly consider is LETTING GO.
We get it.
Every single moment before this one was necessary…
Because the highs, the lows, and even the hours of utter mundaneness led you to THIS blessed moment.
So don’t ever, ever be afraid to look back, as long as you intend to learn and grow from the backwards glances.
Here are the lessons our NJ yoga collective shared from 2018. We would love to hear yours too.
- That loss is inevitable but endurable.
- To dream big, set goals and take action.
- To just breathe.
- That time flies by so quickly. You need to make every moment count.
- To continue to stand firmly in my beliefs.
- That people are always watching.
- That balance is important.
- To continue to be open to change and experiencing what God has in store for me, even if not exactly what and how I expected the blessing to come packaged.
- To set the bar high, the universe is waiting for you there… but above all, self compassion.
- That magic is real and that we can use it to make the world a happier and healthier place!
- To ask for help when I need it. I can’t do it all on my own.
- That I am capable of so much more than I give myself credit for.
- Not to complain about what I allow.
- To stand up for what I believe in. It taught me that change begins with me. That I am so much more capable than I give myself credit for… and Compassion is key.
- How to build a 6-figure business and not go insane!
- That change is constant, and necessary. and it’s not about what happens “to you,” but how you choose to react!
- That when faced with insurmountable odds you can still fight like hell and overcome it all.
- That grief didn’t completely break me. Learning to live through it and then let go of it is helping me live my life.
- That I have to learn to let go better, healing is a long process, actions speak louder than words, patience & gratitude is key.
- To just swing and go for what I want – in my business, in my personal life, in my curiosities, health, and desires.
- That saying NO is ok and I should practice it more often to honor my boundaries.
- To let people LOVE the ish out of me.
- To accept that people can love me when I feel I can’t love myself.
- To love myself hard AF.
- More ego reduction.
- To be patient and stay the course.
- To trust in people who are my friends and learn those who are not. I learned that I am an empath with a healing ability to bring love and light. That is my plan going into 2019. Always to share the love and light in your heart no matter what!
- To set bigger and stronger boundaries, that I have a lot of integrity, and that I can be a real pain in the ass if need be.
- To speak up for myself
- To surrender to what is.
- To make the time to Meditate and see what and who shows up. When you take the time to be silent, your angels and universe show you the way.
- That I have no control over other people.
- That non-attachment is a game changer.
- That sometimes you meet people whoo will change your life in the most amazing ways.
- That I am my own best friend, lover, and hero.
- Live in the present moment and enjoy the ride.
- To believe.
- That you cannot be afraid to take action…and even more so, to fail. The greatest lessons I’ve learned were in the getting back up, especially this year.
- That I need to have my OWN back.
Never Miss a Post!
The Top Three Reasons for Joining NJYC
The greatest teachers, studios, classes and communities are in the Garden State.
You are ready to inspire and be inspired.
You believe in living a life you love, supported by a practice that makes you feel amazing