We meet new people in all phases of our lives, from the grammar school playground to the office boardroom. Not everyone crosses from acquaintance to true friend, but when they do we assume they will be around forever.
But that’s exactly how life works, right?
In our experience, and probably yours too, some friendships eventually but inevitably fade.
And that kept happening…until we found our yoga tribe.
When we turned our passion for yoga into a real-life, real-world, how-is-this-possibly-a-job, fully functioning (and successful!) business, our lives transformed in unimaginable ways. Our circle expanded exponentially with supportive, compassionate, and mindful individuals, seeking to lift each other up every single day.
The best part is, the yogic connection is available to everyone with an open mind and a mat (or meditation cushion). Here is how we found our tribe and how we love them, hard.
- Keep yourself open. Don’t shy away from talking about the deep stuff. When you initially meet someone you may develop a ‘friend crush.’ This usually means something great is brewing between the two of you. Whether you are discussing the best sex of your life or your scariest life dreams, be open and honest with this person. Continue to fuel this friendship by nurturing deep conversations and proactively engaging in meaningful dialog.
- Do things together. This sounds simple, I know. But we now live in a world where people would rather sit behind their phones and text or post on social media than actually get together and play. Schedule dates to go to yoga class, to the bar, to dinner, to get your nails done, hatchet throwing, pole dancing – ANYTHING! Just get out there and enjoy each other’s company.
- Be Authentically YOU. You really are perfect just the way you are! Be genuine and you will find the tribe that is right for you. Let your hair down, shine bright and be yourself. Be honest about your likes and dislikes, your interests and how you typically spend your free time. A true tribe, one that will last, will be built on common character and interests.
- Find someone who lights your inner fire. Life is short and definitely what you make of it. Follow your heart, follow your passions and you will find your tribe. That tribe will help encourage you to live each day to the fullest. You will remind each other what you are capable of. Together you will find that fire for life and all of it moments; good, bad, happy or sad.
- Find someone who you can find your edge with. Let’s be real, life gets scary sometimes and a strong tribe will help you have your own back. Find people who will laugh with you, be there to help you through uncomfortable times and help you find the power that comes from playing with your edge. Whether it’s the courage to try a new yoga pose, visit a new place or just trying something out of your comfort zone – find those people who will get dirty with you. If you fall, a strong tribe will help you get back up and encourage you to try again.
2018 is HERE. There is absolutely no reason to wait even one second longer to start investing in relationships that will make a positive impact on you and world. Just go for it!
[box] Yoga Essence has two studio locations in New Providence & Lebanon NJ. At Yoga Essence, you will find professional yoga instructors who are enthusiastic about sharing yoga’s power to connect and transform your life during each class. We pride ourselves in skillful alignment, creative sequencing and mindful breathing at both studio locations..We offer genuine teachings from the heart of experience and draw inspiration of our own personal practice. With over 20 classes and 10 teachers on the schedule each week, you can be sure to find a class that is just right for you!
Visit Yoga Essence Online or find us on the MindBody app for full class descriptions, class schedule & pricing.[/box]
Never Miss a Post!
The Top Three Reasons for Joining NJYC
The greatest teachers, studios, classes and communities are in the Garden State.
You are ready to inspire and be inspired.
You believe in living a life you love, supported by a practice that makes you feel amazing