You’ve heard that yoga is amazing.
You have a few friends who do it and it’s all they talk about on Sundays at brunch. You’ve considered tagging along to class a few times, but the stars and your chakras (don’t worry, you’ll learn what that means in class) never seem to fully align and thus, you never make it off the couch and onto the mat.
But you think you might be ready. Maybe. Spring 2018 might just be your season of OM.
Well, let’s figure it out right now. If one or more of these speak to you, we think you need to sign up for a beginners series at your local studio.
- You wake up every morning thinking about a body part you weren’t even aware of when you were “young.” Those cracking ankles; that creaky hip. The shoulder you can barely sleep on and of course – your aching back. It’s time to start feeling the love instead of the pain.
- You don’t exactly love to run, spin, lift, swim, or dance, but you’ve read legitimate studies that claim human beings need some form of physical activity in their weekly routine.
- You absolutely love to run, spin, lift, swim, and dance…and your body is BEGGING for an active recovery day.
- You want to be more “chill”, but you are one bad driver and/or crazy client away from losing it.
- You can’t touch your toes, but it sounds like something you might like to add to your repertoire of party tricks.
- You read celeb magazines on a daily basis and you are interested in doing what Madonna, David Beckham, Jessica Biel, Matthew McConaughey, Jennifer Aniston, Russell Brand, Kate Hudson, Justin Timberlake, and Gisele Bundchen do. And who knows? Maybe they’ll be shooting a movie in Jersey City or vacationing at the Jersey Shore this summer and you’ll see them at a local studio.
- You feel like you are on an emotional roller coaster every single day, from your first cup of coffee right through until the credits roll on your Netflix binge. Or when the wine runs out.
- You’ve spent entirely too much money on workout clothes and you need to justify those purchases, fast.
- The voices in your head are telling you NOT to go to yoga, which means you NEED to do the opposite (i.e. get to yoga).
- There’s this thing at the end called savasana. It’s a little bit like taking a nap. And you are desperately seeking daily naps.
If some – or all – of that resonated, NOW is the time for yoga!
Signing up is the easy part, especially if you can find a beginner’s series at your local studio.
One of our favorites, Inlet Yoga in Manasquan, NJ, is kicking off their Ultimate Concierge Beginner’s Yoga Package on March 4, 2018 (your second and third classes would be on the 11th and 18th on March).
Jen Vafakos, the owner of Inlet and the incredible instructor leading the series, will meet with you and your new yoga buds for three 90 minute workshops, aimed to make you feel more confident on the mat and understand yoga and your body in a self-caring way.
And now the best part – you get ONE MONTH OF UNLIMITED YOGA included in your beginner’s series sign up!
Bridget is a mom, a yoga teacher, a former lawyer, a writer, a moderately decent cook, a really good baker, a seeker of fantastic coffee and a firm believer in the power of positive thinking. Bridget became all those things around the same time and credits the whole “former lawyer” thing as the impetus for most of the fun stuff she gets to do on a daily basis now. That, and her husband Joe’s complete willingness to support her spontaneity with a smile. Bridget was born and raised in New Jersey and cannot imagine calling anywhere else “home.” She loves the entire NJ yoga community with lioness-like ferocity and cannot wait to show the world just what NJ yogis are up to – because it is crazy amazing stuff.
Never Miss a Post!
The Top Three Reasons for Joining NJYC
The greatest teachers, studios, classes and communities are in the Garden State.
You are ready to inspire and be inspired.
You believe in living a life you love, supported by a practice that makes you feel amazing